Cycle Hire in Port Erin, Isle of Man.
Erin Bike Hut is a friendly, independent bike shop in Port Erin, on the south coast of the beautiful Isle of Man. We are located on Church Road, just behind Franklin’s car show room and within sight of Port Erin railway station and Port Erin bus station.
Want to see what our cycle hire customers have said about us? Click on the
logo to read the reviews!
About the Isle of Man…
The Isle of Man has been officially recognised as one of the best places in the world to explore nature with world heritage body Unesco designating the entire island a ‘Biosphere Reserve’. Unesco praised the island as a “special place for people and nature” and with its unique variety of terrain, the island rewards both road and mountain bike riders of all abilities with a network of trails and tarmac that include challenging climbs, thrilling descents and unrivalled scenery. Click here
for mountain bike route information and here
for road bike route information (we also have copies of these guides in the shop). The island hosts a large number of annual cycling events (to which you are cordially invited!) including…
End2End Mountain Bike Challenge
The Manx 100
Manx 2 Day MTB Enduro
Longest Day Longest Ride
Isle of Man Lighthouse Challenge
Isle of Man Cyclefest
Manx International Grand Prix
Isle of Man Cycle Challenge.
Click on the Visit IOM logo for more information about visiting the Isle of Man:
When it comes to cycling in our neighbourhood we know what’s what so we have a fleet of Orbea Avant H50 road bikes and Orbea MX50 mountain bikes in a variety of sizes to suit all shapes and sizes plus a Orbea Orca M20i road race weapon!
Orbea MX50 Mountain Bikes…
Orbea Avant H50 Road Bikes…
- Choice of 27.5″ (Small / Medium) and 29″ (Large / X-Large): Click here for mountain bike size guide.
- Lightweight aluminium frame with internal cable routing.
- 100mm travel fork with lockout and preload adjustment.
- Hydraulic disc brakes, for reliable all weather braking.
- 24-speed Shimano drivetrain.
Orbea Orca M20i Road Bike…
- Hydroformed triple butted aluminium frame with endurance road geometry.
- Carbon fibre forks with aluminum steerer.
- Shimano Sora drivetrain.
- 50/34T road compact gearing with wide range 11-32 rear cassette.
- Orbea Avant endurance road bikes are specifically designed to blend performance with ‘ride all day’ comfort.
Road Bike / Mountain Bike Hire Price list…
- Orbea OME monocoque carbon frame and forks with performance road geometry.
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 drivetrain.
- 50/34T road compact gearing with wide range 11-28 rear cassette.
- Vision Team 30 Comp wheels.
- Please note, this bike is only available in size 55cm.
|Number of Days:
|Up to 4 hours:
Delivery / Collection Costs…
We supply a helmet and lock with each bike and a repair kit (pump, spare inner tube, tools) with each group.
Zone 1: Port Erin, Port St Mary, Castletown and Ballasalla area – Delivery: £10 / Collection: £10
Zone 2: Onchan, Douglas, Peel, St Johns area – Delivery: £15 / Collection: £15
Zone 3: Anything North of Ballacraine, Kirk Michael, Bride, Laxey, Ramsey etc. – Delivery: £20 / Collection: £20
IF A CUSTOMER HIRES A BIKE FOR ONE WEEK IN TOTAL THE DELIVERY COST IS £10 ANYWHERE ON ISLAND AND THE COLLECTION COST IS AN ADDITIONAL £10 ANYWHERE ON ISLAND
Pedal Hire – £10 (Shimano SPD & SPD-SL pedals available, please specify which type you require) You’re also welcome to bring your own pedals!
To rent a bike you need to…
Pannier racks available (MTB only) please enquire for price.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Bring photo ID (passport, drivers licence). We also take a photograph of you.
- Bring a valid debit or credit card with sufficient capacity for the security deposit of £100 per bike. This is refunded once the bike is returned.
- Sign a form.
- Any damages will be taken from the deposit. However I am fair and understand that bikes are there to be used, not polished, so wont bother you for minor issues.
- We can also arrange same day ‘walk-in’ cycle hire subject to bikes being available.