About us…Erin Bike Hut is a friendly, independent bike shop in Port Erin, on the south coast of the beautiful Isle of Man. We are located on Church Road, just behind Franklins car show room and within sight of Port Erin railway station and Port Erin bus station.
Want to see what our cycle hire customers have said about us? Click on the logo to read the reviews!
About the Isle of Man…The Isle of Man has been officially recognised as one of the best places in the world to explore nature with world heritage body Unesco designating the entire island a ‘Biosphere Reserve’. Unesco praised the island as a “special place for people and nature” and with its unique variety of terrain, the island rewards both road and mountain bike riders of all abilities with a network of trails and tarmac that include challenging climbs, thrilling descents and unrivalled scenery. Click here for mountain bike route information and here for road bike route information (we also have copies of these guides in the shop). The island hosts a large number of annual cycling events (to which you are cordially invited!) including…
End2End Mountain Bike Challenge
The Manx 100
Manx 2 Day MTB Enduro
Longest Day Longest Ride
Isle of Man Lighthouse Challenge
Isle of Man Cyclefest
Manx International Grand Prix
Isle of Man Cycle Challenge.
Click on the Visit IOM logo for more information about visiting the Isle of Man:
We have the following e-Bikes available for hire / demo…2018 Whyte Clifton e-Bike…
- Size Medium (suitable for 5’9″ – 6’0″ riders) and equipped with front / rear lights.
- Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes.
- Shimano Steps E6000 electric drive system with powerful 418Wh battery.
- Shimano Deore 1×10 speed drivetrain with wide range 11-34t cassette.
- Click here for more information about Whyte e-Bikes.
- Size Medium (suitable for 5’6″ – 5’11″ riders) aluminium frame with 27+ wheels and Kenda Havok 27.5×2.8 E-MTB specific tyres.
- RockShox Recon Silver RL 120mm travel air forks.
- BOSCH Performance Line CX electric drive unit with powerful 500Wh battery.
- Shimano SLX 1×11 drivetrain with Sun Race 11-46t cassette.
- Click here for more information about Orbea e-Bikes.
- Size Medium (suitable for 5’6″ – 5’11″ riders) aluminium frame.
- Shimano mechanical disc brakes.
- Ebikemotion X35 motor.
- Shimano Claris 16-speed drivetrain with 34-50t road compact crankset and 11-32t cassette.
- Click here for more information about Orbea Gain e-Bikes.
|Number of Days:||1||2||3||4||5||6||7|
We supply a helmet, a repair kit (pump, spare inner tube, tools) and a lock with each bike.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Bring photo ID (passport, drivers licence). We also take a photograph of you.
- Bring a valid debit or credit card with sufficient capacity for the security deposit of £100 per bike. This is refunded once the bike is returned.
- Sign a form.
- Any damages will be taken from the deposit. However I am fair and understand that bikes are there to be used, not polished, so wont bother you for minor issues.
- We can also arrange same day ‘walk-in’ cycle hire subject to bikes being available.
- Simply fill out the form below, call 01624 835484, or visit us in the shop.
- Click here to view our cycle hire terms and conditions (opens new window)
Delivery / Collection Costs…
Zone 1: Port Erin, Port St Mary, Castletown and Ballasalla area – Delivery: £10 / Collection: £10
Zone 2: Onchan, Douglas, Peel, St Johns area – Delivery: £15 / Collection: £15
Zone 3: Anything North of Ballacraine, Kirk Michael, Laxey, Ramsey etc. – Delivery: £20 / Collection: £20
IF A CUSTOMER HIRES A BIKE FOR ONE WEEK IN TOTAL THE DELIVERY COST IS £10 ANYWHERE ON ISLAND AND THE COLLECTION COST IS AN ADDITIONAL £10 ANYWHERE ON ISLAND
Pedal Hire – £10 (Shimano SPD & SPD-SL pedals available, please specify which type you require) You’re also welcome to bring your own pedals!
To rent a bike you need to…
To Book e-Bike Hire or Demo…